Many young homeopaths ask me: “How to convert SYMPTOMS into RUBRICS?”
It is very simple if you have a software that provides search options using MULTIPLE KEY WORDS.
Type one or more words that you expect to be part of rubric you are searching for. A few key terms of the symptom is enough. Type those words in search tool, and click SEARCH. All rubrics, belonging to any chapter of your repertory, that contain the KEY WORDS you used will be instantly displayed. Scroll down through the list and select a rubric that seems to be most appropriate to your symptom. Finished. Work is done. You need not worry how to convert a symptom into a rubric, or to which part of repertory it belongs!
PHOTO 1. For example, in order to convert symptom ‘headache relieved by vomiting’ into its rubric, I typed the key words HEAD, PAIN, VOMIT in the search tool of SIMILIMUM ULTRA softwareand then searched. Following rubrics were displayed:
1. [Kent]Head : PAIN, headache in general : Violent pains : With red face, vomiting and diarrhoea
2. [Kent]Head : PAIN, headache in general : Vomiting
3. [Kent]Head : PAIN, headache in general : Vomiting : Amel.
4. [Kent]Head : PAIN, headache in general : Vomiting : After
5. [Kent]Head : PAIN, headache in general : Burning : Vomiting, after
6. [Kent]Head : PAIN, headache in general : Pressing : Vomiting amel.
7. [Kent]Head : PAIN, headache in general : Tearing, rending : Vomiting, after
8. [Kent]Head : PAIN, headache in general : Tearing, rending : Occiput : Vomiting
It is very easy for me to select the most appropriate rubric from this list. We can reduce the number of rubrics displayed by using more key words, so that the list will be more specific.
SIMILIMUM ULTRA SOFTWARE provides a most powerful and user-friendly search tool for this purpose.
PHOTO 2. If we know how to use this tool creatively, we can reach SPECIFIC prescriptions that way. Once I had a patient who complained about intolerable burning pains in stomach, which was ameliorated by drinking cold water. I searched using the key words STOMACH, PAIN, BURN, COLD and AMEL. There only ONE rubric displayed, with a SINGLE drug- APIS MEL.
[Kent]Stomach : PAIN : Burning : Cold drinks : Amel.:- Apis.
A few doses of APIS MEL 30 cured that troublesome burning pains of that lady.